Header Ads

Seo Services

7 Things I've Learnt From Being Raised By A Strong Mother





1. I've learnt the value of independence. I don’t need anyone to take care of me. I can build a home, raise kids, cook, and do the dishes all while having a thriving career. I've pretty much learnt how to be Somebody. The only person responsible for me, my actions and my mistakes is the one I see when I look into the mirror. I am literally the architect of my future.

2. I've learnt the meaning of unconditional love. I watched my mom sacrifice her time, health and youth for my siblings and I without complaining or gloating about how much she is suffering or how much she is doing. She always has a smile on her face and is happily giving more and more of herself. She's taught me what selfless and unconditional love looks like, and I know I won’t be able to find that love anywhere else.

3. I've learnt how to love myself. How to walk away from the things that are not meant for me,  how to keep going even when the whole world is against me, and how to believe in myself when everyone is doubting me. Bad grades, heart breaks and failures don’t define me; what defines me is how I respond to the setback... How hard I fight to get the life I feel I'm  worth.

4. I've learnt that i can be both strong and soft.

We all have pains...some of us are just tough enough to hide them. My mum strong but then I've seen her hide her tears and pain. I've seen her stay up the night just to pray for the family. I've seen her struggle between being a good wife, being a good mum and being the mum that we love. The only thing I've never seen is her giving up. Because She's a fighter and a Winner.

5. I've learnt how to create my own happiness. I can find happiness in a difficult life. I can still be happy even if I am carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. My mom had taught me that I can always find something to smile about all I have to do is look closer and more carefully.

6. I've learnt never to look back. To let all the “what ifs” and “could have beens” go. How not to wonder why life turned upside down. I just keep looking forward and let the past redeem itself. And  that everything that happened got me to where i belong even if it is nothing I ever wished for.
The only thing I have control over is now and I intend to properly deal with it.

7. I've learnt how to be a good father. I'm being raised by a mom who shows me how to truly take care of a family, who shows you that hard work pays off, who shows you that you can love someone unconditionally. I'm always I'm awe of her being protective, loving, kind, compassionate, strong and resilient. Her lifestyle is gradually becoming my moral compass. I want to be that Husband that never forgets the birthday of his wife or her mum! That father that realizes the importance of establishing a close bond with his kids. Believe it or not... I'm working hard to become the man that I dream of.
My mum is my first mentor!
Shout out to all the strong mums out there.

Don't forget to follow @mhiztabolu on IG and Twitter.

Comment how your mums strength and love has impacted your person.

No comments